Thursday, December 26, 2013

V Breaks Free- Christmas 2013

When I announced my sailboat plan to my best friend, the first words out of his mouth were "I think you're crazy".  He's right, but not in the way he meant because I'm just crazy enough to pull it off, and he knows it.

This is the story of a former Fortune 500 executive who didn't take a golden parachute out. He quit his six figure job in 2008, and started his own consulting practice with 1 goal - start and run the business from anywhere in the world.  He's spent 5 years (so far) consulting for the Fortune 500 fixing their most broken projects.  It's not a bad gig, but still too limited, so I'm taking it to the next level.

I'm going to break free- liquidating the waterfront house, luxury cars, and big-boy toys.  V's going to"throw it all away",  stop keeping up with the Jones', buy a cruising sailboat, and take it around the world, AND I'm going to continue my business and make bank. I'm not worried about being able to get it all back.  The exciting question is what if I start sailing, and decide to never stop.  If you can relate to a dream like this, come on the journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment